Monday, November 7, 2011

Hey kids!

Welcome to my fabulous blog! My name is Jennifer, I live in Las Vegas and am a single mom of three pretty sassy kids. Yes, we live in Vegas, no, I am not a stripper. In fact, I am currently going to school for Criminal Justice - Corrections. As boring as I may sound right now, I honestly try not to wear mom jeans and I don't drive a minivan. In fact, I call my SUV the "Mystery Machine."

Why, you ask. Well, the most interesting thing that I do in my life is that I am also a paranormal investigator. You bet your booties, I hunt ghosts. I have been doing this for about nine years now and I don't plan on stopping. I didn't decide to do this because I watched a bunch of tv shows and thought it looked like fun. No, I started doing this because I've had enough experiences in my life to keep me interested. To be official, I joined my first investigation group nine years ago but I've been doing this a lot longer! Throughout the years I have learned quite a lot and I am still learning more every day!! I don't claim to know everything but I am a very rational person and there isn't much that scares me. Spiders make me freeze up and whimper like a little girl. Other than that, I'm good.

I consider myself a "paranormal mom" not because I am a mom and a paranormal investigator but because I have become sort of a motherly influence to a lot of new investigators over the years. I am at heart a skeptic and I don't believe things just because it looks good. No, I have to rule out any and all factors to make sure that what I find is as close to real as it gets. Unfortunately, a lot of new investigators, and some older ones, tend to grasp at anything that they can find without "debunking" it first. Unfortunately still, other people will back them up and feed into the grasping.

There are two things that I hate with regards to graspers, windows and mirrors! Oh yeah, add dust orbs and smoke to that as well. I can't stand it when someone takes a picture of the outside of a building that they've never been in, sees something and automatically assumes that it is a spirit looking out at them. C'mon, seriously? Dude? I understand being all giddy thinking that you caught something but you have to use common sense. It's pretty rare to really catch something that is absolutely legit.

What I plan to do with this blog is to just be open and honest with people about the paranormal. If you have questions, ask me. If I don't know the answer then I'll find out. I'll also be posting about the investigations and experiences that I go through. Or I might post crap that looks cool. We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment